Valued Customers and Suppliers,
We wanted to give you an update on Opti-Tech Scientific’s / Howells Instrument’s Status.
These are unprecedented times ahead of us and the safety of employees, families, suppliers, and customers is of utmost importance. No one from Opti-Tech or Howells has developed any symptoms and we are continuously monitoring everyone’s condition. Everyone is diligent in practising social distancing at home and at work.
Effective Monday, March 23rd Opti-Tech and Howells Instrument have implemented and escalated our restrictions at our offices and for our employees’ safety and protection. We have:
1) Most staff will be working remotely to meet your needs.
2) Only essential employees are in the Whitby office.
3) Deep cleaning and sterilization efforts are underway in the Whitby office.
4) Essential employees remaining on site are following COVID-19 procedures including but not limited to, minimum of 6 feet distance between employees, gloves and masks are to be worn, and constant hand cleansing.
5) Due to COVID-19, we are not entertaining visitors; couriers are allowed with proper social distancing and procedures.
6) Closure of the Vancouver office.
7) No travel, local, domestic, or international.
8) No direct contact with customers unless pre-approved by management.
We are following these guidelines and adapting them as the situation progresses. As of March 24th, Ontario issued an order, in response to COVID-19 that all Non-Essential Businesses are to shut down while encouraging essential businesses to remain open. Essential businesses include those businesses engaged in the manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries.
Opti-Tech Scientific Inc. and Howells Instrument Co. are classified as an essential supplier and we will endeavour to keep our businesses open to support our country and its citizens during this period of uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic.
Our products and services are used by medical testing companies, biomedical manufacturers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, research facilities including universities, government institutions, Department of Defence, and other critical industries including microelectronics and transportation. We will endeavour to continue operations and shipping for the foreseeable future.
Our service department will continue to serve our customers; however, each service request is being evaluated on importance and urgency. Our service department has taken extra precautions while on-site with customers. Extra mandatory measures include but not limited to:
1) Wearing gloves and masks while on-site with customers.
2) Complete deep cleaning and sterilization of instruments before and after work commences.
3) Maximum of 1 customer around when doing the on-site service, limiting unnecessary contact.
If these criteria cannot be adhered to on the customer site then the work will not commence.
Between our remote staff and our essential staff in the office, we will be able to continue operations to meet your needs with as little interruptions as possible.