PlanarMet™ 300 Planar Grinder
The PlanarMet 300 bench top planar grinding machine with a high torque, continuous duty, 5.7Hp motor has an aggressive material removal rate normally seen in much larger, more expensive floor model machines. Convenience features such as an integrated auto wheel dressing, compact interlocking safety cover, and built in cooling make it easy to get consistent results with this planar grinder.
The compact bench top design enables the PlanarMet 300 to sit side-by-side with the EcoMet and AutoMet Grinder-Polishers. The PlanarMet 300 uses the same central force specimen holders as EcoMet/AutoMet Grinder-Polishers, allowing additional preparation steps to be completed without transferring to a new holder.
Use our planar grinding stones for consistent scratch patterns and high material removal rates.
- Compact format that is just as powerful as large, floor-standing models
- Benchtop design ideal for direct integration to benchtop polishing steps
Flexibility to adapt changing needs
- Choice of grinding stones available for almost any material application
- Timed cycle provides flexibility in methods
High quality results
- Auto Dressing System ensures fresh consistent abrasive surface giving consistent results.
- Controlled material depth removal (z-axis) is programmable and accurate to 0.01mm.
- High water flow and unique manifold keeps specimens cool, minimizing subsurface damage.
Benefits of planar grinders
- Reduce process steps and grind 4X faster compared to SiC paper
- 1 grinding stone equivalent to 1000 sheets of SiC paper.
- Go from 3 grinding steps to just 1